AmpliScribe™ T7 High Yield Transcription Kit
Produce high yields of high quality RNA quickly and easily.
- Synthesize long and short RNA with one kit
- Produce >20 times more RNA than conventional or "homemade" in vitro transcription kits
- High-yield synthesis of RNA from DNA cloned downstream from a T7 RNA polymerase promoter, for microinjection, RNA interference, or antisense experiments.
- Structural and functional studies of splicing, processing, heterogeneous nuclear RNAs, tRNAs, viral RNAs, and ribozymes.1
- Production of fluorescent2-, biotinylated3-, or digoxigenin4- labeled RNA.
The AmpliScribe™ T7 High Yield Transcription Kit is specially formulated
to use high concentrations of NTPs, that can be inhibitory to other in vitro transcription
systems. AmpliScribe High Yield Transcription reactions can produce >20-fold
more full-length RNA transcript than conventional in vitro transcription
reactions. For example, the AmpliScribe T7 Kit yields approximately 5-7.5 mg/ml
of 1.4-kb full-length control RNA in 30-120 minutes, respectively, using 1 µg
of template DNA (Fig. 1).
- High yield. Produce microgram amounts of RNA from all templates—synthesize both long (Fig. 2) and short RNA using only one kit.5
- Sensitive. Produce microgram amounts of RNA from as little as 1 ng of template.
- Scaleable. Increase the reaction size to produce milligram amounts of RNA.
- Flexible. Substitute a labeled nucleotide for one of the supplied NTP solutions.
- Convenient. Rnase inhibitor included.
Note: Because of the very high concentration of NTPs used in AmpliScribe
reactions, these kits are not recommended for preparing high specific-activity
radiolabeled RNA probes.
- Johnson, M. (1995) Epicentre Forum 2(5), 4.
- DeLong, E.F. et al. (1999) App. And Environ. Microbiol. 65, 5554.
- Kaplan, E. et al. (1996) Epicentre Forum 3(2), 1.
- Hoff man, L.M. and Johnson, M.G. (1994) BioTechniques 17, 372.
- Schanke, J. (2000) Epicentre Forum 7(2), 6.
| ||Figure 1. The AmpliScribe™ T7 High Yield Transcription Kit is specially formulated to consistently produce >20-fold more RNA than a conventional T7 in vitro transcription reaction. || ||Figure 2. An AmpliScribe™ T7 High Yield Transcription reaction produces full-length, long RNA transcripts. Aliquots from standard 20-µl AmpliScribe T7 High Yield Transcription reactions were loaded onto a 1% agarose-formaldehyde gel and stained with ethidium bromide. The size of the RNA transcripts and RNA yields (in parentheses) were: Lane 1, 3.0 kb (185 µg); lane 2, 4.0 kb (178 µg); lane 3, 5.0 kb (176 µg); lane 4, 6.0 kb (169 µg); lane M, RNA size marker. |
AmpliScribe T7 Enzyme Solution, 100 mM ATP, CTP, GTP, and UTP Solutions, AmpliScribe 10X Reaction Buffer, 100 mM Dithiothreitol (DTT), RiboGuard™ RNase Inhibitor, RNase-Free Water, Control Template DNA, and RNase-Free DNase I