MasterPure™ DNA Purification Kit for Blood Version II
Easily purify high quality genomic DNA from whole blood or buffy coat.
- Scalable purification of gDNA from blood
- Consistent yields of up to 10 µg of DNA from 325 µL of whole blood and approximately 100 µg DNA from 600 µL of buffy coat
- High purity gDNA with A260/A280 ratios of 1.8-2.0 making the DNA suitable for most downstream molecular biology applications including PCR and sample archiving
- Fast protocol completed in less than 30 minutes
- Improved yields by avoiding the use of columns
- Better safety since no hazardous organic solvents are used
The MasterPure™ DNA Purification Kit for Blood Version II can be used to isolate exceptionally pure genomic DNA from whole blood or buffy coat. With the optimized protocol for DNA, up to 100 µg of DNA can be recovered from 600 µl of buffy coat in less than 30 minutes (Table 1). The purified DNA contains both high- and low-molecular-weight genomic DNA which can be used directly as a template in PCR amplification reactions (Fig. 1), for digestion with restriction enzymes (Fig. 2), for Southern blotting, or for other molecular biology applications. Protocols are provided for genomic DNA and TNA purification from whole blood and buffy coat. For RNA samples, we recommend the MasterPure RNA Purification Kits. Both protocols allow for scaling up to accommodate larger samples.
| || || |
| 600 µl Buffy Coat || 87-109 µg |
| 200 µl Whole Blood || 3-9 µg |
| 0.6 ml Whole Blood || 9-27 µg |
| 0.8 ml Whole Blood || 12-36 µg |
| 1 ml Whole Blood || 15-45 µg |
| 2 ml Whole Blood || 30-90 µg |
| 3 ml Whole Blood || 45-120 µg |
| 4 ml Whole Blood || 60-180 µg |
Contents: Red Cell Lysis Solution, Tissue and Cell Lysis Solution, MPC Protein Precipitation Reagent, RNase A, TE Buffer.