MasterPure™ Yeast RNA Purification Kit
Safe, fast purification of high quality RNA from multiple species of yeast
- Safe: Avoids the use of dangerous hot acid phenol
- Fast: Quicker protocol that methods using spheroplasting
- High Quality RNA: RNA quality exceeds that obtained by bead beating protocols and is ready for use in downstream applications such and RT-PCR and microarray analysis
- Excellent Yields: Yields 25-50 µg RNA from 1 ml of mid-log S.cerevisiae
- Complete: All the necesseary reagents are supplied with no need to purchase extra equipment
The MasterPure™ Yeast RNA Purification Kit provides all of the reagents needed to purify RNA from yeast cell types (including Candida, Saccharomyces, Schizosaccharomyces) and filamentous fungi. The kit uses a rapid salting-out process1 to remove contaminating macromolecules, avoiding toxic organic solvents, bead-beating, and spheroplasting.2
- Miller, S.A. et al., (1988) Nucleic Acids Res. 16, 1215.
- Hoffman, L.M. and Jarvis, B.W. (2004) Epicentre Forum 11(2), 4.
| || |
|Figure 1. Microarray analysis of yeast RNA purified with the MasterPure™ Yeast RNA Purification Kit. The RNA was reverse transcribed, labeled, and hybridized to a S. cerevisiae DNA microarray. The cDNA from cells under oxidative stress was labeled with Cy5, and cDNA from control cells was labeled with Cy3. ||Figure 2. Purity of RNA obtained using the MasterPure™ Yeast RNA Purification Kit. The RNA used in Fig. 1. was stored at -20° C for two months before analysis on an Agilent Technologies 2100 Bioanalyzer®. The electrophoretogram demonstrates the high-purity, intact RNA. |
Contents: Extraction Reagent for RNA, MPC Protein Precipitation Reagent, TE Buffer (in 100-reaction kit only), Proteinase K, RNase-Free DNase I, RiboGuard™ RNase Inhibitor, 10X DNase Buffer, 2X T & C Lysis Solution.