JOIN THE LUCIGEN TEAM!
At Lucigen, we love science.
Honestly. Fairly. Respectfully. That’s how all of us on the Lucigen team strive to work and collaborate every day. Located in the biotech hub of Madison, WI, Lucigen might just be the right fit for you. Here are some reasons why:
Transformative products, transformative careers
We are proud to provide quality products that help researchers delve more deeply into the important human health issues of our world and often at the most basic level of all DNA. All employees have the potential for career development within the organization.
Innovation doesn’t always come in a suit and tie
Lucigen employees enjoy a casual work environment with an open floor plan. Independence, innovation, teamwork, and open communication are all encouraged under a corporate philosophy that stresses, “Do the Right Thing.” Our Community Service Campaign means we get to live that motto in and out of the office.
Earned Time Off (and those important things called benefits)
Lucigen provides a generous and flexible ETO package so that traveling the world, enjoying the beach with friends and drinks, or snuggling up at home with the dog for a “staycation,” are among the many options for a positive work-life balance. Lucigen provides a competitive compensation and benefits plan that includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Tiered ETO (Earned Time Off)
Madison: By The Numbers
#1 - “Top 100 Places to Live” (Liveability)
#1 - “Greenest Cities in America” (Nerdwallet)
#2 - “Best Cities for Families” (Wallethub)
#2 - “Top 10 U.S. Cities for Live Rock Music” (Songkick)
#3 - “Top 10 Healthiest Cities” (Liveability)
#3 - “10 Best Places for Pets to Live” (Trulia)
#4 - “Top U.S. Cycling Towns” (USA Today)
#5 - “America's Best Cities for Young Professionals” (Forbes)
Top 10 - “Top 10 Happiest Cities” (National Geographic)
#15 - “Best Places for Education” (Forbes)
5 area lakes
200 biking and hiking trails
260 parks (for both the human and canine residents among us)
Lucigen, now a part of LGC, Biosearch Technologies, seeks a knowledgeable Staff Accountant to support the Company's daily accounting needs. This role is temporary position with our company.
The temporary Staff Accountant will have responsibility to meet or exceed the individual objectives as follows: Analytical Skills
Attention to Detail & Integrity of Records
- Assist Senior Accountant in the review of inventory and manufacturing variances and follow up with the production team, as required, to explain activity
- Analyze, research, and review unusual balances and entries for discrepancies and resolution
- Prepare monthly fixed asset reconciliations and reporting
- Prepare monthly R&D new product development reporting and analysis
- Assist Senior Accountant with month-end closing and financial reporting activities
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring sales and use tax reporting and compliance
- Ensure all accounting practices are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and all other relevant accounting standards, including company values and practices
- Assist with other projects or duties as requested
- Minimum of 2 years' work experience in full-cycle accounting
- At least 2 years of progressively more responsible experience in comparable positions; experience in full-cycle accounting in a manufacturing, biotechnology, or life science company required
- Knowledge and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team with minimal guidance or supervision
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines
- Good professional judgment and reliability
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Aptitude to work in a complex and rapidly growing company
- Exceptional critical thinking capabilities and strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and ERP systems
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com with Job #018380W in the subject line. This a temporary position.
Senior IT Project Manager
Lucigen, now a part of LGC, Biosearch Technologies, is looking for an experienced Senior IT Project Manager to join our Middleton team. This role is responsible for the definition and delivery of multiple projects within the IT Systems Change Program for our division.
The Senior IT Project Manager will have responsibility to meet or exceed the individual objectives as follows: Leadership
- Required to lead and be responsible for their portfolio area's project delivery
- Responsible for the definition of allocated projects which deliver tangible benefits to the LGC business community, meets security, quality, time and financial constraints and delivers aligned to the LGC IT strategy where applicable
- Lead, train, mentor and coach the Project team ensuring people development, staff and key skill retention and knowledge management
- Close, effective collaboration with Systems Architect, Support manager and other senior IT management
- Responsible for the effective operation of the IT Request for Change (RFC) process
- Matrix management responsibility for assigning tasks to project team staff
Technical & Business Acumen
- Work across IT with effective engagement across all teams
- Develop strong relationships with key business stakeholders in the area of their portfolio
- Contribute to a clear improvement in project delivery across the IT Projects remit
- Produce and deliver against the agreed project plans and key milestones
- Ensure IT project plans are aligned with the business counterparts
- Provide functional expertise where appropriate
- Contribute to the IT Change Approval Board (CAB) review process regarding proposed changes from the program delivery perspective
- Bachelor's degree in technology, life sciences or another relevant discipline
- 8+ years of work experience in functional or cross functional roles
- Project Management Certification
- Required track record of managing the implementation ERP systems. Specifically experience with IFS.
- Must be available for travel (may include international).
- Understands and works in accordance with LGC values: passion, curiosity, integrity, brilliance, and respect
- Skilled at risk and issue management.
- Demonstrable financial control of project budgets.
- Highly organised individual capable of defining project and driving though to delivery against defined plan.
- Willing and able to challenge effectively to ensure that deliverables are reflective of the wider needs of LGC.
- Experience at managing multi-discipline projects which include both business and technical resource from initial inception through to delivery and benefits realisation.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects to required deadlines, quality and cost
- Extremely effective communicator, able to engage at all levels of the organisation and with ability to operate under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with relevant project management tools, Jira or Confluence, Microsoft Productivity tools (Project, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio)
- Adhere to company safety policy and PPE policy
- MBA or an advanced university degree or professional qualification a plus
- Program Management Certification is a plus
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job #018370W in the subject line.
International Sales Coordinator
Lucigen, now a part of LGC, Biosearch Technologies, is looking for a driven International Sales Coordinator to join our Middleton team. The International Sales Coordinator provides administrative and management support to LGC, Biosearch Technologies' distribution network, both domestic and international, as well as support to international customers. This position requires excellent customer interaction with both internal and external customers.
The International Sales Coordinator will have responsibility to meet or exceed the individual objectives as follows: Customer Focus
- Provide support to internal and external customers as needed, spoken and in writing
- Respond to distributors' inquiries regarding pricing, marketing tools, re-direct technical questions, or special projects such as logistics planning & preparations for distributor meetings
- Work closely with internal departments (i.e. Operations, Shipping, Customer Service, etc.) to coordinate key initiatives in support of the customer and to achieve superior customer satisfaction
- Organize and host client visits, or company events as required
- Work with Global Distribution Director on customer-focused initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the sales team
- Capture marketing and sales announcements, or corporate updates to develop monthly newsletter for distributors and distribute the newsletter in electronic format to entire distribution network
- Prepare, edit, and post any other company announcements as necessary and organize information to improve and facilitate distributor access to information and tools as needed
- Assist with product launch-related activities to ensure successful product launch through distribution channels and web portal partners
- Organize and track information pertaining to distributor network, such as quarterly sales report, forecasts, marketing & sales annual plans; assist with the implementation and tracking of distributor report card assessment tool
- Update price lists and distribute to channels accordingly
- Assist with local or international trade/vendor shows, conferences, and events as needed
- Assist supervisor with travel arrangements and other administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in sales, account management, or customer service role
- Industry experience (life sciences, biotech) or experience working in a global organization preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, prior exposure to supporting a team or group of people in an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal and listening skills; ability to effectively listen, acknowledge, and show calm when dealing with customers on all level issues/complaints
- High-energy and positive "can-do" approach when dealing with internal and external customers; ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Qualified candidates must also demonstrate excellent organizational, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work autonomously and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to effectively work on many priorities at one time, which change frequently
- Must be proficient in MS Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint; ability to work with computer equipment and various other software
- Interest in the business of biotech and/or in the basics of selling
- Aptitude to work in a complex and rapidly growing company
- Results-oriented, ensuring targets are met on time and on budget
- Must demonstrate good professional judgment and reliability
- Must be highly accurate and detail-oriented
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com with Job #018360W in the subject line.
Product Manager, Instruments
Location: Alexandria, MN (LGC Douglas Scientific) or Middleton, WI (LGC Lucigen)
Lucigen, now a part of LGC, Biosearch Technologies, is looking for a Product Manager to join our instruments and reagents product management team. This position will be located in either Alexandria, MN, with LGC Douglas Scientific, or in Middleton, WI, with LGC Lucigen. The Manager will have business ownership for assigned product categories, which entails planning and executing the product portfolio pipeline, sales support, and program management of assigned product line(s) or technologies. This individual will also serve as the marketing representative on cross-functional product development teams, specifically leading commercial input to drive new product development, and defining our value propositions for compelling positioning in key workflows are critical elements of the job role.
The Product Manager will have responsibility to meet or exceed the LGC Genomics business unit objectives as follows: Technical Acumen
Full-Cycle Product Management
- Translate voice of customer into product requirements, working across functions to provide the commercial input to new product development progress
- For existing and new products, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits; deliver training and tools to our sales teams as needed
- Provide product application training, including competitive responses for all sales channels
- Manage product master data and ensure data quality and consistency for the portfolio; drive new product registration on internal systems
- Manage full product life cycle, including product discontinuation strategies, to ensure a seamless customer experience and smooth revenue transition
- Ultimate responsibility for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives of their portfolio
- Under multi-year product roadmap, serve as business owner for the new product development within the portfolio
- Lead new product direction and the launch of new products and services, delivering on business plan objectives and customer acceptance of new products
- Measure and optimise the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage; create case studies and customer success stories
- Create product marketing collateral and content such as sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, brochures, on-line guides and other forums
- Partner with the Strategic Marketing Manager to develop a multi-year product roadmap and guide fiscal planning for future positioning, growth, and evolution of product platforms
- Work closely with our sales team and external opinion leaders to understand product acceptance and prepare business cases identifying gaps and threats to product adoption
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our products
- M.S. or Ph.D. in life science with concentrated training in specified area
- Previous experience in regional marketing, product marketing, and/or product management
- Experience with building product roadmaps and an understanding of product life cycle management and its application to product portfolio
- Experience with new product development processes, including product launch and commercialization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as there is an extensive amount of writing, presenting, and selling of ideas in this role
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires work across functions and departments to bring the product to life. This individual will be at the center of the organization interacting with teammates and prospects.
- Demonstrated experience delivering on commitments
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze situations or statements and determine their validity
- Proven project management skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills, married with an ability to communicate to gain consensus and facilitate decision making within a matrix environment
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Operates in line with LGC's core value behaviors: Respect, Integrity, Passion, Curiosity and Brilliance
- MBA or equivalent desired
- Knowledge of manufacturing process, inventory management, and distribution logistics
- Experience with an integrated marketing automation system would be beneficial. This individual will be expected to work with E-commerce to build product pages.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job #018280W in the subject line.